Friday, January 9, 2009

BOXEE!


Who doesn't love entertainment? I mean any form of it like movies and music. Nah! I know you do love it too. As I surf the Internet and look for a cool and latest topic to write, I came up with a list and top of the list is BOXEE. Why Boxee? You'll know after reading this article. : )

Just like other entertainment software/applications, Boxee can play movies and music, it also gathers album artworks just like other media players. Other features that sets it apart from others are the following:






It plays content from services like Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Shoutcast, Last.fm, Flickr, Picasa, CNN and a lot more.

It pulls in video podcasts and if you want a podcast Boxee doesn’t offer, just add the URL of the feed.

You can share what you’re watching with other Boxee users and they can share their viewing habits – and recommendations – with you.

Boxee's highlighted feature is that these internet-based contents are viewable in your televisions. Imagine accessing these contents while sitting comfortable in a couch with a remote in your hand to navigate through it. Isn't it great!

One more thing, this Boxee software is absolutely free. It is an open source software and its current version works with Intel-based Macs, Apple TV and Linux machines (Ubuntu). For Windows users, Boxee windows version is on its way so better get ready soon!

And I hope now you know why I had this article featured. Excited to have one? Download Boxee here and I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment