Friday, July 24, 2009

Record your Skype Calls now!

Skype Call recorder is an open source tool that enables you to automatically or manually record your skype calls on Linux. It's easy to configure and can record calls in MP3, Ogg Vorbis or WAV files. After installation, you can find it under Accessories menu.

One of my clients required me to take down minutes of their conference call and knowing that I can't be able to gather all their ideas at once, I decided to have an audio copy of the conference for reference. I also use SkypeCallRecorder if there are instructions to be given through Skype just to make sure I won't miss any details.

The only problem I had with this tool is that when you run multiple instances of Skype it won't record any of your calls and when you're the one hosting the conference call the recording won't work properly.

Actually, it was my first time to attend my client's conference call to take down the minutes and first time to use the application as well. I had two instances of Skype, one is for my VA account and Jan's account (I was using Jan's account in attending the conference, don't have skype credits in mine) and I was too confident that it would record my calls so I attended the conference and listened to 7 people of different cultures and when the conference was over I searched for the audio file in my directory and found nothing :( . But still I was able to come up with the minutes, an incomplete and short one.

I think this tool is beneficial for all VAs working in Linux environment while for windows users they don't have windows version yet, but I hope soon they'll come up with it since SkypeCallRecorder is really great! Start downloading and record your skype calls now! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment